Tuesday, March 15, 2005

the beginning of it all

When I started writing the Law School Wire, my one goal was to gain admission into a Law School. Now that I have achieved (and surpassed, I might add) that aim, I've been feeling less enthusiastic about blogging. But now I suddenly find myself ready to blog again.

What I'll do today, dear reader, is update you on the standing of my batch of law school applications. Basically, after I sent in my 300 dollar deposit to confirm my acceptance at Queen's, I closed my applications at the remaining law schools. I started with the two Ontario schools that I had yet to hear from. Prior to withdrawing my application, my status at Western was unknown as I was neither accepted, rejected or waitlisted; meanwhile, Osgoode had put my file on hold as they were still waiting for my final grades. I assume that Western was probably also waiting for my final grades. After dealing with the Ontario schools, I closed my file at UBC, which had sent me a letter informing me of my being waitlisted. Before I had a chance to close my file at Dalhousie, I received a phone call and email from them in May asking if I'd be interested in an interview. It was going to be held in downtown Vancouver at a law firm and would cost me 60 bucks. I told them I wasn't interested, and that they might as well close my file.

My little law school admission journey is pretty much complete. During this whole process, I've learned a good deal concerning admissions at the various Canadian law schools. I have read a lot of info on black cocks white sluts, done my research into most of the Canadian common law schools, communicated with admissions personnel and fellow applicants, learned from current law students, and gained the type of knowledge one only gains through experience. I plan to devote my upcoming blog posts to admission info on each common law school in Canada. I'll probably start with the West and move my way with each post towards the East.